Popular Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

This Week In Web Design...

... I learned how to create Spry Assets to add more bling to websites. I replaced the left side vertical menu bar with a Spry bar and added a sub-menu to the SAMPLES button. I also created a graphic for the background of the footer. There was a graphic already provided in the book work and I just opened Photoshop and used the gradient tool to tweak the colors a bit to suit my needs. I also learned how to create a hyperlink that opens a new tab rather than opening in the existing tab. To show you what I mean, here's a link to my website: MY WEBSITE.

All of the pages on the site now have been created using a template that I crated last week. Templates are your web design friends. Rather than have to manually code each and every page, you only have to create the first one and save it as a template. Then, you create the following pages from that template.

My instructor has told me that I have to have the site finished and full of content next week, so I guess that's my challenge for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment